Sunday 19 May 2013

Dopleganger euro version

So apparently I can't go anywhere in the world without looking like some famous football star. Last night I tried to spend a quiet night having a pint at a very small local establishment in Acton, London, but turned out to be quiet different to what I expected.
Firstly Eurovison was on, which is apparently pretty big in the UK, but whilst nobody votes for the home teams its still an interesting contest. Whilst watching the action we made friends with some local Actorians who gave us the run down on how the contest works. As it was a pretty small pub, and everybody new everybody, we soon became friends with all the locals and it wasn't long before one of them hit me up as one of the local Chelsea players, David Luiz. Flattered as I am to be compared to football legends, it is certainly weird to travel the world and have random people shout at you! After a few laughs and more pints one of the guys decided it would be funny to have his picture taken with me so he can try and trick his friends. Now whilst I don't think this will work as I don't look anything like this guy I was more than happy to play along and get some photos holding a Chelsea flag. It ended up being a really good night out with almost eveyone in the bar shouting me free drinks, but I think I could of done without the sambuca...
- Ryan -

No comments:

Post a Comment