Thursday 4 April 2013

My South American doppelgänger

So we have been traveling around South America for nearly 3 months now and there has been one thing that has been puzzling me for a while now. I have noticed that on occasions random South Americans have been yelling at me on the streets calling out Valderrama! Initially I took little notice as I just presumed they were trying to sell me something. However as it continued throughout our travels from country to country I began to become intrigued, so I set out in finding out what it meant. Initially I was a little worried thinking it was some swear word or abuse, but to my surprise it was actually a complement, well I think... As it so happens Valderrama is actually the name of a famous Colombian football player from the 90's, and apparently with my long hair and fashionable moustache we look very similar, but I'll let you be the judge of that...
- Ryan -

1 comment: