Sunday 24 February 2013

Don't read this if you like/own a guinea pig . . . Ryan might eat it!

One thing we had heard that we could get in South America was guinea pig, apparently it is a delicacy. I am still not entirely convinced of this even though I did have a good of nibbles on a leg - after ripping off the paw. Ryan announced after devouring his plate that it tasted like chicken, I didn't quite agree but am not sure if I didn't like it much because of the taste or because I could see the whole animal, paws, head and all in front of me. All I can say with certainty is that it was an experience!
To appease my taste buds I then convinced Ryan that a desert was required so we continued through the markets to a very busy cafe and ordered Api with buñuelos (sweet, thick maize drink with cinnamon served with deep fried pancakes). It was really tasty and a good dessert for Ryan as it wasn't super sweet!
- Louise -

No comments:

Post a Comment